Friday, September 13, 2013

Slowing Down (A humble ramble)

God has been speaking to me in so many areas in my life, but mostly in regards to parenting these precious blessings that He has lent to me for this short time.

Last Thursday was absolute chaos. I found myself in a frantic hurry the whole day. We woke up late so I was in a hurry to get myself and all 3 kids clean, fed, packed, and out the door (talk about not having a peaceful morning) After CC, I had a to-do list a mile long and it all had to be done before Ansleighs ballet class. We had several stops to make and (bless her heart) she just wasn't as fast as I needed her to be. As I was getting her out of the car (shamefully fussing at her) to run into Hobby Lobby I noticed that she was starting to get frazzled right along with me.

God stopped me in my tracks.

Thursdays are our special day and I cherish the moments that I get with her. I realized that I didn't want to hurry, because hurrying these moments would be hurrying her and hurrying her would be hurrying her childhood away. Does that make sense? It may not (and probably a little dramatic), but God did use that moment to speak to me and tell me that I needed to slloowww down and get my priorities right. Between having 3 small kids, and Alan in school, and me owning a growing business, and homeschooling, and preparing for Tutor lessons, and Church, and family and everything in between I have been a little on the crazy side.

And even though I absolutely love everything that I am doing and even though I know that God has called me to do all these things, my number one job at this stage in life is being a Mom and pointing my children to Christ.

So, as I was getting  her out of the car and as I took a breath to relax I asked her to forgive me for being so nuts. Goodness, please tell me I'm not the only one that is CONSTANTLY asking forgiveness from my children?! Its embarrassing.

I then slowed my pace down, went to Starbucks (because Caramel Frappuccino's and oatmeal cookies make everything better) and we enjoyed the rest of the day (we didn't even finish my to-do list because I realized that the things that were causing anxiety really weren't very important after all).


So, here I am, slowing down. Managing my time a little better, knocking a few things off my plate. Getting my priorities right and leading my children right to Jesus (or trying my very best to).





1 comment:

  1. Love this Carla! I need to slow down too, I've been so snippy with the girls. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete