Friday, October 7, 2016

5 am

One of my favorite things right now is 5 am. I'm not kidding. I go to bed every night looking forward to getting up  before the sun.

You can ask my husband. Crazy, I know.

I  get up and stumble toward my coffee pot. I grab my prayer journal, my phone and my composition notebook. I sit down with my first cup of coffee and in the quiet stillness of the morning, I meet with God. 


5 am is when I center myself before the Lord, pray for others, and listen to the whisper of the Holy Spirit. 
I go through the same routine every single morning. Professor Horner's Bible Reading System, Youversion bible plan, verse mapping, praying through my prayer journal, and memorizing scripture using the Bible Minded app.

It sounds like a lot. It kind of is. It takes me about an hour. 


The funny thing is is that sometimes I wish it was longer (I haven't always been able to say that).



The more time that I spend pouring into God's word the more that I crave it.



What better way to spend my time than to spend it with Jesus?

Here are some links for the tools that I use:

Professor Horner's Bible Reading Plan

Youversion

Bible Minded

Scripture Writing (I use the verse mapping method! Let me know if you want to know more about this!)


"As the deer pants for the water, so my soul pants for you, my God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?"-Psalm 42:1-2



No comments:

Post a Comment