Friday, September 30, 2011

Homemade Tomato Soup

One crazy thing about all of this pregnancy craziness is that I still have all the symptoms/signs of the first trimester of pregnancy-including morning sickness/food repulsion. I occasionally will want Mexican food or caramel apples REALLY bad, but mostly I cant STAND the sight/smell of food. A friend gave me this recipe for tomato soup and its SO GOOD! Its actually something that I want (and I'm shocked because its full of flavors-something that I'm  not into right now) It takes awhile to make, but well worth it :)

Homemade Tomato Soup (2 servings)

-4 cups of chopped tomatos (I used Roma!)
-2 cups of broth (I used chicken)
-4 whole cloves of garlic
-fresh basil (I used dried!)
-1 whole onion sliced
-2 tbsp of butter
-2 tsbp of flour
-salt, pepper and sugar to taste

In large pot, over medium heat, throw in tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, and broth. Bring to a boil for 20 minutes to combine flavors. When done, puree soup in blender and then transfer to bowl. In the same large pot, make a roux with the butter and flour. Gradually add soup. Season with salt, pepper, and sugar to taste.

To make soup creamier, just add cream/milk to your liking:) Pretty easy recipe and really good! Let me know if you try it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment