Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Thank you for Bob the Tomato..

Today's little incident blessed my heart so much:) I want to write it down so i don't forget it..

Today I had a million and one errands to run. The first stop was at Kid to Kid to drop off some of last years clothes. While waiting for them to go through the clothes, I let Ansleigh and Chase play in the closed off "kid area". In the kid area they have a little kitchen with play food and a little table with chairs. Ansleigh LOVES the kitchen (in fact, I think we're gonna have to get her one for Christmas- I think she would spend hours playing with it-just like I did when I was little)

She was so cute to watch, playing in that little kitchen:) She would microwave the bananas, offer Chase a hamburger patty that she called a "cookie", and she even told Chase to "go sit" 'cause she was cookin'--just like a little mama:)

Chase did talk her into letting him play with a cucumber and a tomato (the "tomato" was actually a bellpepper, but I couldnt convince him otherwise) so he could play "VeggieTales". I really wish that I would have gotten that on video- that kid was singing as LOUD as he could possibly sing, probably annoying/amusing every customer in Kid to Kid :)

After they both were done singing and cooking, Ansleigh told Chase to sit because they were about to have "Wunch" (lunch). Ansleigh sets the table (with every banana, pot, pan, cup, truck, doll, etc) and joins Chase.
They both folded their little hands and Chase prays, "Lord, thank you Lord, for this meal Lord. Lord, thank you for mama and daddy, Lord. Thank you for ansleigh, and nana, and dada, and ree, and trapper, and for Bob the Tomato and Larry the Cucumber. Amen"

& then with the biggest grins they both proceed to eat their "meal" of microwave banana;)

so thankful for those two sweet kids :) and so thankful that they are learning the importance of prayer--and the importance of thanking God-even for Bob the Tomato and Larry the Cucumber :)

No comments:

Post a Comment